Welcome Farm Story friends

This blog was created for our Farm Story friends so we could share a bit of our real world with you. Much love from the Schmoos

Monday, May 30, 2011

Momma Schmoo's tribute mural for Author Day at our school

Our school is having Author Day this Tuesday.  We are so excited to have children's book author Kathryn Otoshi visit our school.  Momma Schmoo decided to paint a mural to decorate our library in her honor.  The mural is about 6 feet long and is based on her book "Marcelo the Movie Mouse" which is one of Tiny Schmoo's favorites.  I also decorated another wall to go with the book "What Amy Saw" and my first grade class made coffee filter/pipe cleaner butterflies which are stapled around the border and center of the poster.  Everything  on the mural was hand painted (with the help of one of my coworkers or I would have given up and took a few weeks to do.)  I am not a real artist but enjoy it so I hope she will be pleased that we love her books so much we made one into a mural to celebrate her visit! Little Schmoo's class is one of only two in the school who will be getting an extra special art lesson.  Since I worked on the mural, my class will be the second.  I feel so lucky!!!! If you want to see the actual page my mural is based on you can check it out at the following link - http://www.kokidsbooks.com/ and look inside the book Marcelo the Movie Mouse.
P.S. - you will soon realize my mouse is not sitting on top of the theater.  Haven't quite gotten around to drawing him yet!  Better get on it, she is coming tomorrow!!!!  Procrastination is my middle name. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your mural! I hope your school has an awesome visit with Kathryn Otashi tomorrow. Maybe you can get her to pose in front of your mural for a photo op! Great job! Put the mouse on before she gets there- you can do it!

    ReplyDelete